Outdoor Activities at the 90th
How often have you stopped only briefly in Queenstown on your way to or from the mountains, without taking the time to experience the superb outdoor opportunities close to the town itself?
Our 90th conference evening programmes not only provide a wide ranging discussion on very relevant topics, but we will take advantage of the prime daytime hours to get together and hit some of those trails that are on our “must do someday” list.
These activities suit a range of fitness levels and are easily accessible, in many cases within walking distance from central Queenstown accommodation. There may be a small cost for some activities to cover things like transport.
More information will be provided in September.
Saturday Tramping – full day
- Ben Lomond summit – Fit
- Ben Lomond saddle – Moonlight Track – Fit
- Crown Basin Turk – Fit
- Lake Alta, Remarkables – Medium and Easy options
- Miners Trail, Arrowtown – Medium
- Ben Lomond Saddle return – Medium and Easy options
- Fernhill Loop – Medium
- Lake Dispute and Moke Lake – Medium / Easy
- Te Araroa, Arrowtown to Queenstown – Easy
Saturday Mountain Biking – full day
There are numerous biking trails of varying levels of difficulty in the Queenstown / Arrowtown area. Bikes can be hired in Queenstown, and carried free on local buses. A recommended trail is from Moke Lake, Moonlight Track through to Arthurs Point, then bike / bus back to Queenstown.
Sunday Tramping – half day
These are scoped as half day activities on the expectation that many attendees will be on their way home by Sunday afternoon. However, if you are staying on for a few days, there are a lot of additional trails for you.
- Queenstown Hill – Medium and Medium/Easy options
- Mt Crichton Trails – Medium and Easy options
- Bob’s Cove area – Medium and Medium/Easy options
Sunday Mountain Biking – half day
- Missing Link Trail – experienced
- Queenstown Bike Park – a range of levels
- Fernhill Loop – experienced plus